Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Travels : Pebble Hill Plantation


Pebble Hill Plantation. Date Day. Thomasville GA. History. Mansions. and Grits.
Thats a great day in my book. First off.. if you don't know this about my hubs and I already, "Date Days" are very very important to us. We love to get away just the two of us, and explore, try new food, experience history, and buy post cards. Thomasville, is probably one of my favorite cities I've ever visited, its historic, southern, full of charms, huge houses, green grass, and sweet tea. When we found PHP just south of Thomasville....well it added 1 more reason to why I enjoy this city so much! If you get the chance to visit PHP please do yourself a favor and take the tour of the big house. Sadly we couldn't take pictures inside, its a museum now... so ya know.. rules and such. But its well worth the money to see how the rich of the south lived during their prime. We walked all over the grounds, admiring the live oak trees, gardens, pools, and even a grave yard. || I love grave yards by the way.. feel free to judge as you wish|| 
This place, kinda made me fantasize about Dirty Dancing a bit.... Family Vacations to Kellermans, meeting the man of my dreams while carrying a watermelon....sigh.... But really! Thats what this place was! Families came here to "Get away from it all" enjoy the outdoors, go on hunting trips, stay in lavish rooms, eat at a dining table bigger than my house, mingle with the other well to do people, heck even send there kids to the school house to get them some learning!
 PHP was a one stop shop if you ask me. 











My sweet husband was being such a good sport with my "photography" I am still trying to learn all the settings. and I swear its hard work for me to have to photograph such a beautiful model. He makes any picture look like a pro did it! Thanks Kbin I love you and those big muscles! (wink)

After we left PHP we were starving! Yelp to the rescue! SASS was what we decide on, and it. was. the. best. decision. ever. .  PLEASE if you are visiting Thomasville, try this place out. Its located in the Old Train Station near Down Town Thomasville. I had the shrimp and grits, they were spicy, and smooth, and cheesy... if I didn't already have dinner in the oven now... I would drive there and pick something up.. || Yes I will drive 1 hour and 45 min for food, feel free to judge me as you wish || 












No comments :

Post a Comment