Friday, January 22, 2016

Home Tour : Guest Room



Over the past few months, I have been spending a lot of time making our new little apartment here in Georgia feel....well more like us. It has been almost exactly 2 years ago now, that we left our beautiful home in North West FL to take on a new job opportunity for my husband. And that decision has lead us here. We've lived in, let me think, 5 different homes, in 2 states, experienced the ups and downs of living with relatives, went through 2 deployments, and we have came out on the other side a stronger, happier, more in love couple. I wouldn't change the past 2 years for anything.

Being a "military" wife, and "nester" aka wanna be interior designer (and about a million other things) its been so hard for me not to be able to have our own space, with OUR things! But finally in November of this last year, we moved in to a space where I can finally NEST! 

We aren't sure how long we will be here, and I'm just fine with that, we have big goals that will take us to many more places, but for the time being.

If you are our guest, this my friends, is your haven.


Valentines day is right around the corner. And one of my resolutions this year was to try to decorate a little bit more..seasonal-y..seasonal-ish... you get what I'm sayin. Taking down all of our Christmas decorations, left me feeling a little..naked.
So Valentines Decor it is.


This garland! Trendy yes.. but.. so stinking cute! I found it the other day at a local thrift store, I love that store...I should do a post about how much I love that store. Did I mention that I love that store? This was made by someone and donated, all the profits go to Hospice. And! it was $3! Beat that! The pinecone garland below I found in big lots clearance section for .75 cents! We don't have a head board for either of our beds here but this is just such a cute way of showcasing where to lay your head down at night. ahhh.


This night stand! OOO swoon! its an antique stage HAT BOX! when I saw it in a thrift store, it was mine. I love that its all scuffed up, there is a strap missing, its a little dirty, and its perfect! I store the yarn that I'm not planning on using inside it too! Storage box, Antique, and a Thrift store find! All of 

those are wins in my book! The light is a Christmas tree topper! My clever husband suggested we use this as the bed side lamp, it gives off such a beautiful soft warm glow. I want one for every room.


Writing space. Having a place to sit down and read, color, do your makeup, check Facebook, or whatever you want! This room isn't very big, but luckily there is enough space in here for this cute desk/vanity. Throw a cozy quilt and a couple of pillows on a chair....heaven.


 I also love adding little things that make you smile, and feel a little more comfortable. "Pillow talk is optional" pillow is such a cute valentines-ish way of saying... 
'Hey sometimes "pillow talk" is ok, give it a try! Its alright by us.'

My goal of the guest room, is to make you want to never leave. 
Or at least to make you want to come back. 









2 comments :

  1. Its pretty cozed in there. I quite liked it during my stay! You do an excellent job at making one feel at home! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely sweet. Looks enjoyable. Really like your style!

    ReplyDelete